Ok, its Monday and world is busy cribbing about Monday blues. If you are also (like us!) tired of seeing sleepy, sad, confused faces around you at your office on a Monday, spend 15 minutes doing any of these 6 things to make your employees happy on a Monday!
- Ditch the tie: Who said only Fridays are for casuals? Why not a Monday? Let your employees dress casually on a Monday and see the difference! The comfort of getting to work in easy attire on a Monday will surely cheer them up.
- Tease the taste buds: How about a cup cake or a doughnut party? Secretly place the cake boxes at their work stations and surprise them with some yummy stuff to cheer them up.
- Sing to glory: Music is a great stress buster. Play some thumping songs on the floor for some and ask your people to join the chorus. See how happily people will sing away their Monday blues.
- Tango Tango: Throng the floor, ask everyone to get up and shake a leg. People are not always comfortable dancing, but when everyone around joins in, the energy is quite unbeatable. Pick 2-3 simple steps that everyone can easily imitate and see your people forget all of their Monday stress in a jiffy.
- Medi-Tate: If you are not the one for high energy stress busters, try some simple options like yoga, on the desk exercises and pep talks. What’s better than starting the week with a calm and focused mind.
- Win-win: Think of some simple, easy to play games that people can play right at their desk. Divide them into groups, throw in some puzzles and see how their Monday complaints would transform into happy chatter.
We always say that well begun is half done. As an HR, if you can fuse some enthusiasm into your teams right on day one, it will help them sail through the whole week on a high note. So get set and make Mondays happy for your workplace. And, if you have any other cool ideas on Happy Mondays, don’t forget to share them with us.
For majority of the working folks, Monday remains the most hated day of the week. From Monday traffic jams to unexpected mails and meetings, just anything can give people a “Monday Morning Blue”. But hang on! There are ways to make your Mondays totally cool. Here are six easy ways to keep the Monday blues at bay!
- Don’t lose it all on weekends
People who are more stressful at work see weekends as days to escape work and try to squeeze in everything on these two days. Take it easy on weekends. Who says you can’t have fun on weekdays too? From a quick dinner with friends to a movie outing, there are things that you can do through the week. Do not put all that pressure on the weekends as it may leave you all tired up on a Monday.
- Pre-plan on Sundays
Monday morning starts with you rushing to decide an outfit and collecting your work items from the table while still being in hangover. Just to avoid the chaos, why not plan this on Sunday itself and enjoy some free time on a Monday morning?
- Wake up an hour early
Waking up an hour early in the morning will give you plenty of time to get ready, have proper breakfast and do some physical work too. Jogging or yoga before work will get your blood pumping and will eventually makes your brain release some happy endorphins which will help you mentally prepare for the day ahead.
- Find the blues
Monday Blues? Find out what is making it blue and try easing the day out. Reschedule your Monday meetings or find an obscure room in the office read newspaper and have a cup of tea/coffee, it will let you adjust to the environment easily and you will feel less burdened on the first day of work week.
- Find some fun
Having fun on Monday? Try finding some ways to engage you and some co-workers (if possible) in some fun activity and energize the whole office. Playing some happy Monday games or introducing a session where you discuss the movies you watched on the weekend will surely make you more awake.
- Get some tunes
Listening to your favorite music (not sad/dull obviously) while getting ready or driving to work can pump you up with super energy and will boost up your mood instantly. And you are now ready to work on this marvelous day of Monday!
Don’t forget that well begun is half done. So make the most of your Monday and have a superb week ahead!
Well, if you are wondering what’s there in a Monday to thank for, you are at the right place!
For long we have heard tales of Monday blues, of Mondays being a damper. Let’s change the trend, let’s make Monday’s happening, let’s make Happy Monday!
You’d Wonder Why?
Monday is very important because it sets the tone for your week. Skip your morning walks on Monday, it’s even easier to skip it on Tuesday. This resonates to office work too! Skip planning or prospecting on Monday, and the odds are high that you will miss it for the whole week. This is no superstition, but simple science that if you let things go easy in the beginning, just because its “blue or boring’, by the time you are back in control, you would have already lost good amount of time!
Monday traffic jams. Monday morning stand up meetings. Sky high list of to-dos. Yes, Monday has all of this, and still can be totally rocking. Here’s a list of simple things that you can do to make your Mondays happy:
- Take your favorite food to work, after all, some lip smacking food can cheer anyone up.
- Dress well, wear your favorite color. Feel good about yourself.
- Do you listen to music at work or while driving? Open the Pandora box and create a Monday special playlist of your all-time favorite numbers.
- Don’t panic at the number of emails. Take a deep breath and plan your work for the week, allocate and re-assign. Sorting stuff out on Monday, gives a great sense of achievement.
Small things can make a lot of difference to how we look at things. It’s all in the mind after all. On Friday’s everyone if gung-ho about the two days off. You spend 5 days of the week at office, why not make the first one a special one? As we just did by sharing this post with you. Happy Monday!