A good performance management system works towards the betterment of the overall organization performance including employees across the vertical. It includes activities such as goal settings, regular progress reviews, and frequent communication with employees for their development programs and rewarding achievements. Vital to an organization’s success, yet complex! Isn’t it?
The performance management is defined as a process that starts with inducting a new employee into a system and ends when the employee quits the organization.
The performance management system can motivate employees and increase their productivity by:
- Providing regular feedbacks
- Providing learning and development programs
- Evaluating performance in a fair and equated manner
- Recognizing and rewarding good performance
- Providing maximum opportunities of career growth to the deserving employees.
Who benefits from an efficient performance management system?
- Organization: To benefit, an organization should retain its talented employees. How? Well, a good performance management system helps an HR providing regular and transparent feedback to employees. The system will surely have a feature where employees can regularly share issues and blockades to achieve their goals. The organization can see early trends of what’s impacting their employees and take corrective actions. It helps the organization towards improved productivity, clear accountability, and higher revenues.
- Managers: Managers need to know how to keep their employees motivated. How can they do that? Performance management systems show employee feedback directly as well as organization trends. Managers can look into trends, specifics and analyze what steps to take keep employee morale and motivation high.
- Employees: Well, employees are the ones who can benefit the most from an effective performance management system. How? The system can help in setting goals for the employees. The performance appraisals feature can easily help employees identify gaps in their skillsets.
An effective performance management system bridges the gap by providing consistent feedback and coaching.
Employees can also enroll themselves for proper training and development programs that can help them coming to the level as what is expected out of them.
To summarize, an effective performance management system should help producing:
- Aligned goals guiding employees in their daily work.
- Engaging employees by creating a culture of shared accountability helping them in career growth and development.
- Proper transparency ensuring all employees is getting proper roadmaps, feedback and development.