Stiff neck, a sore upper back and pain in the shoulders- sounds familiar? This is the story of all the people who sit for long hours glued to their computers and laptops. Here are five yoga asanas you can do right sitting in your office chair and keep that nagging back ache at bay.
- Meditation –
- Take a break in every two hours and close your eyes for 5 minutes.
- Think of a thing or incident which makes you calm and happy.
This will not only relax your eyes but your whole body. And, once you open your eyes, you’ll feel all relaxed and can now start with a fresh mind.
- Neck Stretch-
- Put your right hand on the head and pull your head down towards the right shoulder.
- Take a deep breath and come back to center.
- Repeat for the left side.
This will help you minimize your sore neck and shoulder experience and will help you work without much muscle pain.
- Temple Rub-
- Keep your elbows on the desk and put your hands on the forehead.
- Rub slowly in clock-wise and anti-clockwise directions.
- Do it for 5-10 deep breaths.
This will help you release tension and soothe your eyes and forehead muscles. This will also keep you boosted for long.
- Chair Twist-
- Sit sideways, keep your feet flat on the floor; keep your hands on the seat (not chair arms).
- Move your torso towards left and then towards right.
- Repeat it for 5-8 times.
This will help you release tension from your upper and lower back, and will protect you from severe back pains.
- Arm Stretch-
- Sit straight with your feet flat on the floor.
- Bring your arms behind your back, and clasp.
- Lift your arms as high as you can and hold for 30-35 seconds.
- Take a deep breath, relax and repeat.
This will again help you loosen your tight muscles and will help you stay energetic for the long day.
Doing yoga in office can be fun, relaxing and also benefits in a longer run. Practicing these poses at your desk will minimize your discomfort throughout the day, also making it easier for you to focus on the work. And who knows, you might become an inspiration for your colleagues who are also suffering with work fatigue!